|Folder Background Pictures for Windows XP|
Before WinXP, we can set a picture in our folder background..however in WinXP this feature took out by Microsoft. Here how we can set up our picture in folder background again..
1. Open the folder you want a background on.
2. Make sure you can see ALL files. To do so: Go Start > Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > Under "Hidden files and folders" click the one that says "Show hidden files and folders" AND UNCHECK "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)"
3. Check to see if that folder has a file called "desktop.ini"
If the folder does NOT have that file desktop.ini, you need Windows to create it for you... Right click in an empty area of the folder > Properties > Customize tab > Click "Customize" button > select the normal folder icon, Apply, OK. You do this creates only to create that file. You delete this choosing of the folder icon later. All you want is the file, not the folder icon.
4. Open desktop.ini and delete the existing code(use for icon)
add the following lines of code:
IconArea_Image=C:\My Folder Background.jpg
5. Edit the last line of code (IconArea_Image=C:\My Folder Background.jpg) to the path of your picture, save the file and close it. Refresh your folder and it should have the new background.
6. If you want to set your own icon for your folder do not delete the existing code but alter it to
Ahmed Ata Almahallawi
IT Help Desk,
Al alami st
Gaza -jabalia, Gaza Strip
Marital Status: Single